One use only. May be activated at the start of any Round of Combat. Standard Height R&F models in the model’s unit gain Lightning Reflexes until the end of the Player Turn. The unit suffers D6 hits that wound automatically with no saves of any kind allowed. These hits are considered Special Attacks.
Close Combat, Shooting
The attacks become Magical Attacks, their Strength is set to D6, and their Armour Penetration is set to 2. If the target’s unit is in contact with Water Terrain, failed to-wound rolls must be rerolled. Roll only once for the Strength value of all simultaneous hits with Lightning Attacks from a single unit and apply the result to all hits.
Avatar of Favana
The model gains Multiple Wounds (D3) and Swiftstride.
Avatar of Acratos
The model gains Lightning Reflexes and adds +2 to its side’s Combat Score in combats which it is Engaged in when Combat Scores are calculated.
Avatar of Udius
The model gains Fortitude (4+, against non-Magical Melee Attacks).
The model gains the following rules based on its unit’s Formation:
• Testudo: While the model’s unit is in Close Formation, the model gains +1 Armour against Shooting Attacks.
• Phalanx: While the model’s unit is in Line Formation, the model must reroll natural towound rolls of ‘1’ with its Close Combat Attacks.
Back to the Burrows
Once per game, at the end of the owner’s Movement Phase, the model’s unit may be removed from the Battlefield and placed in Tunnel Reserve. Before the unit is removed, it loses Scoring until it returns to the Battlefield. This can only be done if the model’s unit is not Engaged or Shaken and has 50 or fewer Health Points.
While a non-Fleeing unit with one or more Eagle Standards is within range of its General’s Commanding Presence, the unit gains Rally Around the Flag with the following rules and exceptions:
• Its range is always 6″.
• Discipline Tests taken by units while within range of one or more instances of this Rally Around the Flag are subject to Minimised Roll.
The model gains Random Movement (3D6″) and its Attack Value is set to 4D3. It loses Harnessed and the Pitmaster model part, and its base size is changed to 60×100 mm.
The model gains Bodyguard (Vermin Senator that is the General) and Great Weapon, and loses Halberd.
The model gains Paired Weapons and Poison Attacks.
Borne into Battle
The model must be deployed in, and can only join, a unit that includes at least one model from one of the unit entries stated in brackets (X). The model can never voluntarily leave its unit.
The model’s base size is changed to 40×40 mm. The model part gains +1 Offensive Skill, +1 Armour, and Halberd. The model part can use this Halberd even though it has Harnessed.
The model’s Path access is replaced with:
Health Point losses of the model that are caused by friendly models are ignored for Panic (including units destroyed due to attacks from friendly models). The model may use Shooting Attacks against enemy units Engaged in Combat, with the following rules and restrictions:
• The enemy unit is Engaged only with friendly models that are of Standard Height and/or Infantry.
• Friendly units Engaged in this Combat are ignored for Cover purposes (but not for drawing Line of Sight).
• Roll to hit as normal against the intended target. Each hit from attacks without Area Attack must then be randomised to determine which unit is hit by rolling a D6 for each hit. On a roll of 4+, unless specifically stated otherwise, the intended target is hit; otherwise, the friendly unit Engaged with the intended target is hit. If there is more than one friendly unit, randomise which one is hit.
• In case of Area Attacks, the initial hit is not randomised. Determine the number of hits caused by the Area Attack based on the attack’s initial target. Then randomise each hit as specified above.
The model’s Grind Attacks are resolved as Lightning Attacks.
The model can cast Breath of Corruption (Occultism) as a Bound Spell with Power Level (4/8).
The model gains Borne into Battle (Plague Disciples).
The model’s unit gains Poison Attacks with the following exceptions:
• Only models with Cult of Errahman are affected.
• Close Combat Attacks that already were Poison Attacks from another source will automatically wound on successful to-hit rolls of 5+ instead of 6+.
The model gains two instances of Fight in Extra Rank while its unit is Steadfast and does not suffer from Disrupted Ranks. Check if the conditions are met and apply the effects at the start of each Initiative Step.
The unit may start the game in Tunnel Reserve. Ambush rolls of units consisting entirely of models with Sicarran Smugglers may be rerolled. This overrides the restriction of rules and abilities not working while their bearer is off the board.
The model gains Heavy Armour and Great Weapon.
At the start of any friendly Shooting Phase, a single model with Stygian Overseer may detonate a single Tunnel Marker within 24′′ of it. If so, all units within 6′′ of the Tunnel Marker suffer 2D6 hits with Strength 4 and Armour Penetration 1. Then remove the Tunnel Marker.
The model suffers a Mishap when it rolls a natural ‘1’ for the type of roll described in brackets (X). If X is “Misfire”, the model suffers a Mishap instead of suffering effects from Misfire. A roll resulting in a Mishap can never be rerolled and an attack resulting in a Mishap is always lost. When suffering a Mishap, the model’s unit suffers 2 hits with Strength 5 and Armour Penetration 10. If the Trial and Terror shooting mode was used, the number of hits is increased to 4.
Cult of Errahman
Whenever a Close Combat Attack allocated towards a model with Cult of Errahman rolls a natural ‘1’ to hit, the model part inflicts 1 hit with Toxic Attacks against the attacking model’s unit in the same Initiative Step, before any casualties are removed.
R&F models with Cult of Errahman cannot be joined by models without Cult of Errahman.
The model cannot be deployed during the Deployment Phase. Instead, at the start of any Player Turn, the owner may choose a friendly unit of Vermin Velites, Vermin Legionaries, Blackfur Veterans, Shadowfur Stalkers, or Ignifier Grenadiers that is not Fleeing and that the model can join, and apply the following rules:
• Remove a R&F model from the chosen unit’s first rank as a casualty. You cannot remove the last R&F model from a unit.
• Deploy the Duskblade Assassin inside the unit in the position of the removed model.
• The Duskblade Assassin cannot voluntarily leave its unit during the Player Turn in which it was deployed.
• If the model is not deployed by the end of Game Turn 4, it counts as a casualty and cannot be deployed for the rest of the game.
• The model cannot be deployed in a Summoned unit
When the model’s unit fails a Discipline Test after any rerolls, you may apply the following rules:
1. Roll a D6.
2. Add the result to the initial dice rolled for the Discipline Test as an (additional) instance of Minimised Roll, ignoring all dice that were discarded from any other instances of Minimised Roll.
3. The model’s unit suffers a number of hits equal to the discarded diceD6 from this instance of Minimised Roll that wound automatically with no saves of any kind allowed.
The model adds one Tunnel Marker to the army. In addition, the model may choose to start the game in Tunnel Reserve. Once per game, at the end of the owner’s Movement Phase, the model’s unit may be removed from the Battlefield and placed in the Tunnel Reserve. This cannot be done if the model is Engaged or Shaken.
The model gains +1 Strength, +1 Armour Penetration, and +1 Resilience, and its base size is changed to 25×50 mm. The model loses Insignificant.
Disdain for Plebs
The model cannot be chosen by the opponent as the model that suffers the penalties for refusing a Duel.
The model can only perform its Grind Attacks against units Engaged with its Front Facing. The model gains +3 Armour against:
• Shooting Attacks from enemy models Located in the model’s Front Arc.
• Melee Attacks from units Engaged with the model’s Front Facing.
Rat Swarms cannot declare any Charges and always count as Fleeing when Charged (i.e. they must Flee as a Charge Reaction if able to, are destroyed if Pursued into, etc.). They cannot benefit from Commanding Presence.
A Rat Swarms unit can make a Sweeping Attack against a single unengaged enemy unit when passing within 1″ (it does not need to and cannot move through or over that unit). The enemy unit suffers 1 hit for each Health Point in the Rat Swarms unit with Strength 2 and Armour Penetration 1. If the enemy unit is Engaged in Combat, then randomise the hits as per the Callous rules.
If another unit (friend or foe) comes into base contact with a Rat Swarms unit, then that unit suffers hits as if. the Rat Swarms had performed a Sweeping Attack against it. The Rat Swarms unit is then removed as a casualty.
Trial and Terror
The Trial and Terror section in a weapon’s profile describes an alternative shooting mode. If one model uses the Trial and Terror shooting mode, then all models in its unit must use it. The effects last until the end of the phase.
Fear no Evil
While the model’s unit is Steadfast and does not suffer from Disrupted Ranks, it gains Unbreakable. In addition, while in the same unit as a Swarm Priest, the model gains Fearless.
The model gains Heavy Armour and Shield. Charge Range rolls in the Charge Phase of units consisting entirely of Giant Rats, Fetthis Brutes, Arena Beasts, and models on Praetorian Brute within 12′′ are subject to Maximised Roll.
The model can cast Speaking in Tongues (Thaumaturgy) as a Bound Spell with Power Level (4/8).
The model gains Borne into Battle (Blackfur Veterans, Vermin Legionaries), Channel (1), and Musician.
The range of the model’s March to the Beat, and to enemy units that are required to take a March Test due to the model’s unit, are both extended to 18″. Friendly units within 12″ of the Sacred Platform gain Aegis (6+).
Greater Eagle Standard
The bearer gains Standard Bearer and Eagle Standard, with the exception that the requirement for being within range of its General’s Commanding Presence is ignored.
Attack Attribute – Shooting.
The model may not use its Shooting Weapon if the model performed a March Move in this Player Turn
If there are at least 3 models with Holy Triumvirate on your Army List and they all have either Caelysian Pantheon or they all have Cult of Errahman, these models can all select spells as follows:
• Wizard Apprentices select from the Learned Spells 1, 2, 3, and 4 of their chosen Path and the Hereditary Spell.
• Wizard Adepts select from the Learned Spells 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of their chosen Path and the Hereditary Spell.
Single model units of Standard Height with Valorous Discretion treat all enemy units as units with Terror.
I am the Senate
When friendly units within range of the model’s Commanding Presence (including the model itself) lose Health Points due to Unstable, the number of lost Health Points is reduced by the unit’s number of Full Ranks, to a maximum of 3.
If this option is taken for any model in the army, then all models in the army that can take it must take it. When the model is removed as a casualty, place it in a Reinforcement Pool next to the Battlefield. At any time, you may remove 40 models from this Reinforcement Pool and place one of the following Summoned units in Tunnel Reserve:
• 25 Vermin Legionaries with a Champion, a Musician, a Standard Bearer with Eagle Standard, and Without Number. The unit loses Scoring. The unit may take Shield and Spear.
• 40 Vermin Slaves with a Musician and Without Number.
Life is Cheap
Each Health Point loss of models with Life is Cheap is only counted as half a Health Point loss for the purpose of Combat Score, rounding fractions up. This does not include Combat Score bonuses from Overkill.
Lord of the Legions
The model gains Great Weapon and Paired Weapons.
Each Vermin Swarm army gains one Tunnel Marker and can gain additional Tunnel Markers by including certain units in the Army List. At the start of step 7 of the Pre-Game Sequence (Spell Selection), for each of your army’s Tunnel Markers, mark a point inside your half of the Battlefield with a Tunnel Marker. A player can only use up to 4 Tunnel Markers.
Units consisting entirely of models with Unstable Engines:
• Gain +D6′′ to their Charge Range rolls in the Charge Phase. Also add this D6 to the Failed Charge distance.
• Immediately after choosing to perform a March Move, gain +D6′′ March Rate.
Immediately before a model is removed as a casualty from the unit, the model inflicts D6 hits with Strength 4, Armour Penetration 0 and Flaming Attacks against all units (including the model’s unit) within 6′′ of the model.
Roll once for the number of hits inflicted against each unit. These hits are considered Special Attacks.
The unit adds a single Tunnel Marker to the army.
The model knows The Awakened Swarm (Hereditary Spell) in addition to its other spells. In addition, the model always selects its spells from all Learned Spells of its chosen Path.
The model must be the General. While within range of the model’s Commanding Presence, other friendly units gain Unstable and cannot voluntarily choose Flee as a Charge Reaction.
The model gains Engineer (3+) that can also be used on Experimental Weapon Teams, affecting all Experimental Weapon Team models in the chosen unit.
Certain units have the ability to either enter or start the game in Tunnel Reserve. Units in Tunnel Reserve follow the rules for Ambush, with the following differences:
• Instead of entering the Battlefield from a Board Edge, the owner chooses a friendly Tunnel Marker. Place the unit within 3′′ of the centre of this marker. No model can be placed with its centre farther away from the centre of the chosen marker than its March Rate. If this is not possible for any friendly marker on the Battlefield, the unit cannot enter the Battlefield during this Player Turn. Roll again in the next friendly Player Turn.
• A unit that enters the Battlefield from Tunnel Reserve cannot perform any Advance Moves, March Moves, or Reforms in the same Movement Phase. The unit counts as having performed a March Move for the purpose of shooting.
• A unit that enters the Battlefield from Tunnel Reserve in Game Turn 5 or 6 loses Scoring.
• A unit that enters Tunnel Reserve and does not return to the Battlefield before the end of the game counts as destroyed.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
While the model’s unit is in base contact with one or more enemy Characters, the model gains +1 Attack Value for each other Duskblade Assassin in the same unit.
The Die is Cast
The model gains +1 Discipline, up to a maximum of 8, while within 12″ of one or more enemy models.
The range of the model’s Commanding Presence is set to 18′′ when measured to units with one or more models with Eagle Standard.
The range of the model’s Commanding Presence is set to 18″ when measured to units with one or more models with Eagle Standard.